I can’t help going all skittywompus when it comes to dragons. Though my friend Anya @ Starships and Dragonwings might have me beat. But really – I need more Dragon like Christopher Walken needs more cowbell.
This was prompted because I was over visiting Carmel @ Rabid Reads and she posed a question – What do you love about Dragons? Of course I started to furiously type away in the little comment box and realized, I just couldn’t stop there!
See the comment I left @ Rabid Reads:
Hello….REALLY you want me to state what I love about Dragons!? Ok SCALES, lithe and sexy, dangerous….FIERY…smoking HOT HOT HOT…They can fly! Oh I seethe with jealousy. Let me just roll around for a second on the tile floor to cool down.
Ok to continue. They are such majestic and magical creatures and embody so much of what I love about Fantasy.
I think its time to turn this into a gushing blog rant…yeah snagging my comment LOL to say “Carmel asked what I loved about dragons…and I just couldn’t stop…
As you can tell – I love dragons. Heck is there a Fantasy reader out there that doesn’t!? If you’re that person, well I’m sad to say you just might be broken inside. Just saying.
These creatures add such an amazing element to so many of the fantasies that I have loved through out my life. Whether they be the villain or a wise companion. They are one of the symbols that represent the fantasy genre. When you say fantasy to someone I can bet you that dragons are one of the first things they think of next to wizards. Forget all that war, sword wielding and magic casting – it doesn’t bring it home quite like a battle on the back of a dragon would.
So enjoy a little bit of a look at some of the hottest dragons in movie magic – then tell me some dragon books I need to read! (as if my reading queue isn’t outrageous enough as it is!)
Some dragon books that I’ve read *edited in per Mogsy’s request* =)
- The Death Gate Cycle books by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
- Dragonlance series (the ones by Weis and Hickman)
- Hurog Duology by Patricia Briggs (Dragon Bones & Dragon Blood are the titles)
- All the Anne McAffrey, Dragons of Pern books
- The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien
- and I’m coming up dry right now…any others?
Authors if you can read me….more dragons please?
Latest posts by Tabitha (Pabkins) (see all)
- Review: Portrait Revolution by Julia L. Kay - July 10, 2017
- Review: Doodletopia Manga by Christopher Hart - March 23, 2017
- Review: Freehand Figure Drawing for Illustrators by David H. Ross - June 28, 2016