Huzzah to Book Binging! and all things Science Fiction and Fantasy! I’m in a right fit of humor today so if you don’t laugh at my bodacious crazed audacity then WE WILL HAVE WORDS!! Or you’ll just you know, hurt my feelings.
More books, more books…I must have more my precious so much more. I know that I’m woefully behind lately on my review books but I can’t stop taking on more. Because I feel one of those binge reading months coming on where I’ll read a book a day. No kidding folks it happens then I’ll eat through the stack like I’m a juiced up junky on their last leg. These are my pretties…aren’t they pretty? Thanks to Dutton, Tor, Orbit, Jo Fletcher, Quercus, and Sourcebooks for keeping me fed with books.
VISIONS by Kelley Armstrong | Goodreads |
She sees omens everywhere, is the daughter of possible serial killers, an Ivy League lady who’s working with a hot as nails attorney and is now living in a town filled with very very odd things. I want my own gosh dang stone gargoyle. Gives me one!
ARTEMIS AWAKENING by Jane Lindskold | Goodreads |
A pleasure planet!? Genetically engineered animal companions? SFF to the max baby – Bring. It. On – someone fan me I’m overheating.
ANCILLARY JUSTICE by Ann Leckie | Goodreads |
I’m late to the game people so shoot me. Look at that sweet ass freaking cover. I hear I’m in for one hell of a ride *makes zooming swooshing firefighter noises* Take cover!!!
TRAITOR’S BLADE by Sebastien de Castell | Goodreads |
This is the US version – I just finished reading the UK version from Jo Fletcher last week and I have to tell you it was AMAZING! Swashbuckling, – err sword fighting, dirty dealings, delicious candies that pack a punch, a fey horse and assassins. Pretty much this book hits it out of the park and is now among my favorites. The humor was so spot on that I freaking weep thinking about how long I’ll have to wait for the next book.
DREAM BOY by Mary Crockett & Madelyn Rosenberg | Goodreads |
Are you – are you REALLY my dream boy? Lies I tell you! – I caught mine already. I keep him in a jar that I rub and sometimes let him out to go to work and bring me dinner.
RADIANT by Karina Sumner-Smith | Goodreads |
I’m so so bad – I can’t remember right now what this one is about – toootles over to look it up – oh yes.
H2O by Virginia Bergin | Goodreads |
I need this to live. Water you numbskull! This will be drank drank drank …or uhh drunk drunk drunk down until dry. Yes see sometimes we realize the grammar mistakes we make. Yes, the royal we. (oh yes and because I couldn’t find the cover of H2O anywhere online here is a picture of it) The art you see is Camilla d’Errico a original sketch I bought isn’t it lovely?)
My books from Bookoutlet.com have yet to arrive! I think my post man might start carrying a water gun to keep me at bay. But here is what else arrived this week with my compulsive buying.
DIRTY MAGIC by Jaye Wells | Goodreads |
As if there were any other kind of magic? I like it dirty baby – do your worst.
DEAD THINGS by Stephen Blackmoore | Goodreads |
Urban fantasy is like bread and butter to me – I just can’t, I just can’t, I just can’t get enough – sing it with me now.
FOR DARKNESS SHOWS THE STARS by Diana Peterfreund | Goodreads |
I haven’t read either one of these books but you know they just look oh so shiny…and I like shiny. Unless it spits in my eye then I’ll have to set it on fire. Don’t make me set you on fire oh so pretty shiny.
My Crazy Corner
– All is right with the world except that I am in dire need of chocolate. I ate through an entire box of See’s chocolates this past week. AND I’M NOT ASHAMED!!
– I went crazy and purchased a $380 set of COPIC Sketch markers so I can attempt to start coloring my doodles. Now You might wonder why the hell would I buy such expensive markers? Because I have this thing I inherited from my mom about always buying the best quality stuff I can find. For some reason I have this delusion that if I buy the best it’ll rub off and make my meager efforts better. Yeah I already said I was deluded ok – cut me some slack.
– Another of my local friends, Angie, will be joining Not Yet Read as a Review Contributor. She’s a bit slower on writing reviews but we’ll just have to poke her in the ribs and prod her along.
Things Found Around the Web
– Did you love the movie LABYRINTH? Do you STILL Love it? I do. So I was so excited when I found this article about Toby Froud having made a short stop action film in the same style.
– In bad news Strange Chemistry and Exhibit A which are two imprints of ANGRY ROBOT have closed effective immediately and will no longer be releasing any further titles. It’s a sad day for author’s who had books published through these imprints and hopefully they can find homes for their books elsewhere.
– Do you ever wander what must go through an author’s head while writing a book? This my loves – this:
The idea that I’m finishing out a chapter (or whatever) that I know I’m going to tear out completely kills my enthusiasm.
— Django Wexler (@DjangoWexler) June 20, 2014
– I was SO excited earlier this week when fellow SFF Blogger Justin Landon from Staffer’s Review asked if I wanted to be a guest on his podcast ROCKET TALK that airs on Tor.com. He was featuring Max Gladstone whom I absolutely adore so of course I said yes. I’ll let all you know as soon as it airs! In the meantime be sure to check out my buddy Justin and his awesome blog as well as his podcast!
— Justin (@jdiddyesquire) June 20, 2014
Author Interviews & Guest articles so far this month:
- Jay Posey: The Neuro Net, The Journey to Technology
- Jaime Lee Moyer gives us A Field Guide to Ghosts
- Rebecca Hahn discusses Fairy tale magic in A Creature of Moonlight
- Chris Willrich discusses 5 Things He Didn’t Know About the Silk Road
- Gail Z. Martin discusses Why we collect things & What we collect
Huzzah to Book Binging! – linking up to these two lovely ladies
What books are you binging on this week!?