As some of you may have experienced yourself when you create a new blog and import your old blog content onto the new platform – there is a lot of cleaning house, blog maintenance and general tedious slave work that must needs be done. *groans*
I’ve been continuing the slow battle with this ever since April. Here are some of the problems I’ve had as well as things I’ve had to tackle and am still currently working on. Do you have any specific extra things you had to deal with? How did you deal with them?
Some of the Done and Yet to Do:
- Importing old posts (done thank goodness)
- Old posts I couldn’t import and have to create manually and back date (I still have a short list of these to do from 2011)
- The formatting of old posts are always different then how I currently do things and sometimes ends up wonky – gotta fix them and my OCD usually demands that I reformat them all pretty to how I do things now.
- The “box” on my current template looks completely different then my old one and I’ve decided I’m never going to use that darn “box” again – what does that mean? Finding as many of those posts as I can and removing them.
- DEAD Hyperlinks! – cleaning that stuff up is madness – maybe there’s a plugin?
- Importing images (done) and fixing dead link images (work in progress), dealing with duplicate image uploads (I’ve deleted most of the duplicate images that were eating up my hosting storage space) But I’m STILL going through each and every post to try and fix the image linking that are still hyperlinked to old dead link images.
- Having switched to using the fabulous UBB plugin quite some time ago – in order to get all of my reviews into my archives page I have to go back and index each review individually – this like so many others on this list is still a work in progress
- Updating all of my internal backlinks! Soooo annnoying! I have most almost all of 2013 posts still to go thru.
I NEED A FREAKING BLOG HOUSE ELF TO FIX ALL THIS CRAP!
Otherwise it’ll be forever and a bum fuck day before I get it all done. And we all know I have little to no motivation and focus right now what with the preggers.
Latest posts by Tabitha (Pabkins) (see all)
- Review: Portrait Revolution by Julia L. Kay - July 10, 2017
- Review: Doodletopia Manga by Christopher Hart - March 23, 2017
- Review: Freehand Figure Drawing for Illustrators by David H. Ross - June 28, 2016