So Tabitha has been really sweet about sharing her blog with me and has given me some extra creative outlets while she takes a mamabear break. Every pregnant woman deserves at least one nap time a day and I’m pretty sure that work is draining her dry.
That being said, I don’t mind picking up the slack by posting a few times more here and there about topics that I mainly talk about with my GoodReads crew. Why not stretch that out to the blogging crew as well?
So I started working out the beginning of September. Now mind you, I haven’t worked out in a year so I was SO out of shape. And yes, I know I’m a skinny bitch, but us skinny bitches are frail and weak…thus a workout is in order! *bangs the gavel* That, and I’ve read/watched too much horror concerning rape and I want to be able to give the perp a run for his money.
So I spend an hour and a half at the gym every other day, while my kiddo goes to this Toddler Fit class–which is another more expensive way of going to I-can-play-with-whatever-I-want class–while mommy works her ass off. That’s a long time. Time that could be spent doing things I enjoy! THINGS LIKE READING!!
So now I’ve reached a dilemma and the main question of all:
Should I read while I workout? And if so, How?
So naturally, I ask my fellow GR buddies on what they do, which sparked the following answers:
- I don’t read while I workout, I can only focus on one thing
- I don’t read because I do too much while I workout, but jogging only is okay to read
- I read sometimes, but it really depends on what I plan on working on
- I listen to audiobooks and it’s wonderful
- I’ve tried listening to audiobooks but I can’t really get into a book when I’m working out
I have even thought so far as to conduct some sort of experiment basing on reading vs not reading vs audiobooks and which one is the better fit. But then I thought better of myself, because somehow I knew that something bad would happen and I would end up with a broken arm somehow.
Anyway, I was just wondering what a few of you think about it…or if there are other answers/suggestions out there that you would have.
Latest posts by Kat Stark (see all)
- Review: MARY: The Summoning by Hillary Monahan - May 8, 2015
- Review: Boring Girls by Sara Taylor - March 30, 2015
- Review: The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things by Ann Aguirre - March 23, 2015