That’s a Wrap! – November is Over! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Or if you don’t celebrate then I hope your November was fabulous and that you’re enjoying the lovely change of seasons. This was a much better month of reading that is for all of us that is for sure!
Not Yet Read News:
- Tabitha is back totally back in the swing of things reading wise! Not only did I finally kick that reading funk in the ass I actually really want to read again. It feels to good to finally get that desire back. Everyone should be seeing things get back to the norm around here activity wise with me visiting again more and actually returning comments again.
- Two reviews were posted this month that were written by one of my best friends Rachael. Though after writing two she decided writing book reviews totally isn’t for her so I doubt we’ll see anything further from her. But hey big lollipops and kisses to her for giving it a try right?
- You’ll likely be seeing some more comics and graphic novel reviews in the coming months as Kat and I both really enjoy graphic novels. How frequently this will happen depends on our moods I guess. =)
- My lovely cousin in law, Gosia will hopefully be writing a few reviews for Not Yet Read this coming month! She borrowed a nice little stack of my review books to help me out during my funk and she’s made it through a couple of them and we’re just waiting on her written reviews now. So be sure to say hello on her reviews when you see them soon!
About Me Junk:
- Update on the pregnancy! For those that didn’t catch my announcement last month, I’m having a boy. I’m still pretty sick and vomitty on a pretty much daily basis. At this point I’m well over the halfway point (I think I’m 26 weeks now…) and usually “morning sickness” goes away by week 16 of pregnancy but mine seems to be holding strong.
- While I finally opened my Etsy shop I haven’t made any actual sales yet, but I’m not worried about it because I’m much more excited about the craft fair next year. I have some craft goals in mind and I hope I can meet them even with the new baby that’s coming. Goals: paint 100 mini 5×7 watercolors and nicely matted in black mats (because hey I bought a big bulk box of 100 black mats. At least 25 yarn paintings, 50 color pencil plaques, 20 crochet toys (20 might be pushing it since these take so long to make). Other things I plan to have but don’t have a # goal in mind for: crochet book markers, stickers, tote bags (with my robot logo on them), acrylic paintings (as I’m in the mood and Rachael is going to pitch in and help as well with these), possibly boxed blank greeting cards of my doodles/watercolors, small sewn dolls (I plan to try to come up with a nifty pattern…but that might not work out), still thinking….what else let’s see – embroidery hoop art/painted stitched etc. If you can’t tell I am just all over the board. We’ll see if all of that actually happens lol. I always try to bite off more then I can chew.
- Two of my library shelves were moved out of my library and down to the living room along with the couch that was in the library to prepare for a reorganization on that room because I’m turning it into my new art room. It will still have the bulk of my library shelves in it but now the rest of the room will be an art studio. I’m so excited! I’ll be sure to share pictures of the setup when it’s done – probably sometime in January.
- Currently reading: NICE DRAGONS FINISH LAST by Rachel Aaron, THESE BROKEN STARS by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
- Currently watching (or watched): I only recently watched THOR: The Dark World for the first time and really enjoyed it. I still have a few other of those marvel type movies I need to catch up on – I should probably have a marathon shouldn’t I? I need to watch Iron Man 3 and Captain America 2 and rewatch Avengers I think (are there 2 of those also? jeez so many of them I can’t keep them straight). I’m also finally all caught up on GRIMM (love this show) and on Big Bang Theory. Now I just need to watch an entire ten episodes of Sleepy Hollow. I just really don’t make much time for TV but those are the few shows that I’ve enjoyed or am into. On December 5th I’m going to be watching THE LAST UNICORN at the theater where I will also get to meet the author of the book! Peter S. Beagle!! You have no idea how excited I am for this since I have adored this cartoon my whole life and to meet the man behind the story will be amazing!!
- Currently crafting: various colored pencil plaques and a multitude of 5×7 watercolor paintings and of course I always have a few crochet amigurumi toys going!
DREAMER’S POOL by Juliet Marillier | Tabitha’s Review | Maggie’s Review | Goodreads
This was one of the best books I’ve read all year and I seriously can’t recommend it enough!
UNDER MY SKIN by Shawntelle Madison | Kat’s Review | Goodreads
Book Reviews by Tabitha:
- Review: The Bloodbound by Erin Lindsey ★★★★
- Audio Review: Dreamer’s Pool by Juliet Marillier ★★★★★
- Review: Mortal Gods by Kendare Blake ★★★½
- Review: Daring by Elliott James ★★★½
- Review: Zombillenium Vol 2 & Betty Blues ★★★★
Book Reviews by Maggie:
- Review: Dreamer’s Pool by Juliet Marillier ★★★★★
- Review: Where’d You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple ★★★★★
- Review: The Magicians by Lev Grossman ★★½
- Review: Rain by Melissa Niska ★★★★★
Book Reviews by Kat:
- Review: I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios ★★★★
- Review: Messenger of Fear by Michael Grant ★
- Review: We Are All Completely Fine by Daryl Gregory ★★★
- Review: Under My Skin by Shawntelle Madison ★★★★★
- Review: Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld ★
- Kat & Tabs Review: Legion by Brandon Sanderson ★★★★
Book Reviews by Rachael:
No posts found.
Book Reviews by Guest Readers:
- Review: Rootless by Chris Howard
- Review: Fallen by Traci L. Slatton ★★★★½
- Review: Sublime by Christina Lauren ★★★★
Author Guests Posts & Interviews :
- Ordinary, Everyday Magic – lets hear it from Margaret Weis & Robert Krammes
- Jay Kristoff tells us Why Third Books are the Greatest!
Art it Up! Posts :
- Art it Up! (30) – Sketches for Watercolors & Crochet Cupcake bookmark
- Art it Up! (31) – Completed Watercolors, and wooden plaques
- Art it Up! (32) – Painting with Pencils – witch, fox, stitches & voodoo cat
- Art it Up! (33) – The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle
Latest posts by Tabitha (Pabkins) (see all)
- Review: Portrait Revolution by Julia L. Kay - July 10, 2017
- Review: Doodletopia Manga by Christopher Hart - March 23, 2017
- Review: Freehand Figure Drawing for Illustrators by David H. Ross - June 28, 2016