That’s a Wrap! – October is over! I love Halloween though admittedly I wasn’t as gung ho this year because of how tired I am. We were a family of pirates. Hopefully I can update this post in time with a photo before it goes live.
Not Yet Read News:
- Tabitha is back in the reading groove – ok well sort of… at least I was for a few weeks (as of the last two weeks of October I hit another slump lol. Slump in, slump out is the trend it seems) But just look at that list of reviews I was finally able to crank out for October! I’m still not up to my normal full speed but hey that’s quite alright because it just feels good to have the desire to read coming back again even if it is sporadic! Plus…I’m still very into my art and creating right now!
- A new Guest Reader role has been created due to my overflow of books I haven’t been able to get to lately. So if any of you lovely readers are ever interested in guest reviewing just hit me up and I’ll see if I have anything on hand that might interest you.
- I’m thinking of changing the name of Fan Art Up! to something else because honestly I haven’t really been feeling like doing Fan Art lately and mostly just wanting to create or draw whatever crazy things are spilling from my brains – so that leaves me thinking the Fan Art Up title of my feature is a bit misleading cause I know more and more it will just be whatever art I’ve created that week. Anyone have suggestions on a new name for the Art Feature?? (Be warned a new style of 2D kind of 3D wall art is coming up soon! – I’m perfecting my attachment and baking techniques and excited to share the results)
About Me Junk:
- Update on the pregnancy! GENDER! Maybe some of you were wondering? So here it is….drumroll….the ultrasound tech says I’m having a …… BOY! Now the compiling a list of names can begin…
- Fabulous headway is being made on my grand plan to participate in a local Art/Craft Fair early next year, (I know I’m crazy to try this shortly after I have the baby in March, but I’m nothing if not crazy) As for my so called progress, I’ve been creating away at building up an inventory of art to sell. From yarn paintings, to amigurumi plush toys, to various other ideas I’m cooking up. I can’t wait to show off some of the things I’ve been making in my weekly art post!
- I do have an Etsy store (though I have yet to list anything in it because jeez I hate trying to estimate/figure out shipping costs, and I’m scared the frames I put some of my art in will break due to packaging – I know silly thing to stop me from actually listing stuff. But ehhh maybe I finally will once I get around to deciding what I actually want to name my store, and make a banner and graphics for it and all that jazz. LOL
- It’s official crafting is a virus you can catch! Anya and Mogsy both have caught it! They’ve both recently learned how to crochet and are creating adorable little plush toys and they did so in a matter of days or weeks – so don’t feel like it’s beyond you. Join in on the Book blog crafters fun! LOL
- I watched THE BOX TROLLS with my fabulous friend Rachael and gosh it made me want to watch every Tim Burton claymation film there is. I absolutely LOVE claymation and wish there were more movies done in this amazing medium. If you haven’t already you should watch it!
- ART SWAPPING! – I’ve discovered the fun of art swapping. I’m trying to limit myself on doing this but I’ve got a few arty swaps in the works. My Favorite new artist I found this month was/is this awesome artist from Instragram MRREVENGE (that’s his instagram name) – totally check him out. I’m completely twitterpated with his art. But my husband says I need to stop swapping the things I make and start selling them. He goes “what you making?” “who’s it for?” “You’re never going to make any money if you keep giving everything away” – but I can’t help it.
- Currently reading: Daring by Elliott James.
- Currently watching: I finished FaceOff (on SyFy) and was excited by the winner now the next season doesn’t start til January and that really was the only show I would watch promptly at the date/time it aired. But now I can enjoy GRIMM. I haven’t found a new anime to watch yet. I finished NORIGAMI (netflix) and thought it was just OK. Deadman Wonderland was in the same boat, I loved the animation and blood and twisted plot but the main character ended up too whiney for me. I think I’ll try SWORD ART ONLINE season 2. Oh and I watched SPIRITED AWAY and CORALINE this past week. Now for some NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS!
- Currently crafting: (lots of things) but the thing I was working on today is doodling – I doodle everyday, multiple times a day. It really helps with my stress level then I post it to instagram. Craftwise I’m working on a sad little guy in a monster suit as a yarn painting and a crochet toy dragon.
October Top Shelf
Whisper the Dead by Alyxandra Harvey | Tabitha’s Review | Goodreads
This is the second in a series (I think trilogy?) and I am absolutely loving this YA series so far and lately I’m seriously hard to please when it comes to YA.
DUST AND LIGHT by Carol Berg | Maggie’s Review | Goodreads
Book Reviews by Tabitha:
- Review: Black Arts by Faith Hunter ★★★½
- Fan Art Up! (26) – Hello Kitty Crochet as a dragon ★★★★
- Review: Poison Fruit by Jacqueline Carey ★★★★
- Review: The Iron Trial by Holly Black & Cassandra Clare ★★★
- Review: Clariel by Garth Nix ★★★
- Review: Whisper the Dead by Alyxandra Harvey ★★★★★
- Review: Lovecraft’s Monsters edited by Ellen Datlow ★★½
Book Reviews by Maggie:
- Review: Heart of Stone by Debra Mullins ★★★½
- Review: Reckoning by Kerry Wilkinson ★★★★
- Review: Premonitions by Jamie Schultz ★★★
- Review: Dust and Light by Carol Berg ★★★★★
- Review: House of the Four Winds by Mercedes Lackey & James Mallory ★★★★½
Book Reviews by Kat:
Book Reviews by Tina:
Book Reviews by Guest Readers:
- Review: Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick ★★★★½
- Review: Your Perfect Life by Liz Fenton and Lisa Steinke ★★★½
- Guest Review: Ghost House by Alexandra Adornetto ★★★★½
Author Guests Posts & Interviews :
- Books and Body Exercise: Can they really coexist?
- What to look for in Horror
- Where are Women’s Friendships in Science Fiction and Fantasy?
- Why do some TV watchers make me feel like a Leper?
- What do you do when you don’t feel like reading?
Fan Art Up! :
- Fan Art Up! (25) – Random art and Works in Progress
- Fan Art Up! (26) – Hello Kitty Crochet as a dragon ★★★★
- Fan Art Up! (27) – Bleach
- Fan Art Up! (28) – Rainbow Brite gone awry
- Fan Art Up! (29) – Bad Girls vs Cute Girls
Latest posts by Tabitha (Pabkins) (see all)
- Review: Portrait Revolution by Julia L. Kay - July 10, 2017
- Review: Doodletopia Manga by Christopher Hart - March 23, 2017
- Review: Freehand Figure Drawing for Illustrators by David H. Ross - June 28, 2016