The Book Nympho and Hot Listens have just posted the signups for their Audiobook Challenge (there’s giveaways of course! – I think one midyear and another big one at the end of the year). This is it’s 3rd year and I’m excited to be participating again this year because I feel like I’ve finally gotten into the swing of things with audio books in making them part of my almost daily now reading routine. I was able to make the SOCIALLY AWKWARD (15-20 audios listened to) – since it’s not technically the end of 2014 yet I still think I might be able to make it to the BINGE LISTENER level before the new year hits. And next year in 2015 I am going for broke and aiming for the MARATHONER level of 50 audiobooks. I think I can totally do it! I’m even listening now a days most of the time at 3x speed which literally makes the listening time 1/3rd of what it would be at normal speed! So a 12 hour audiobook is now a 4 hour book!
Reading Challenge Details:
- Runs January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015. You can join at anytime.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2015 than you did in 2014.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads,Shelfari, Booklikes, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc. There is a Goodreads Group for the challenge so be sure to join if you’d like. I already did!
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30-50
- Marathoner (Look Ma no hands) 50+ (THIS IS MY GOAL FOR 2015!)
I’ll be tracking my progress on GoodReads as well as hopefully doing an update every 3 or 4 months here on the blog – if I can remember cause I’m notoriously bad at doing these challenge update posts. But I’m going to try!
I definitely have some ideas of what I want to listen to already!:
- Words of Radiance (Stormlight Archive #2) by Brandon Sanderson (still working on finishing this one from 2014!)
- Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) by Sarah. J Maas
- The Hidden Masters of Marandur (Pillars of the Sky #2) by Jack Campbell
- Magic Bites (Kate Daniels #1) by Ilona Andrews
- Mitosis (Reckoners #1.5) by Brandon Sanderson
- Changeless (#2) by Gail Carriger (LOVED the first one on audio!)
- Blameless (#3) by Gail Carriger
- Heartless (#4) by Gail Carriger
- Timeless (#5) by Gail Carriger
- Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School #1) by Gail Carriger
- Curtsies & Conspiracies (Finishing School #2) by Gail Carriger
- Waistcoats & Weaponry (Finishing School #3) by Gail Carriger (can you tell I’m going to binge on her?)
- My Life as a White Trash Zombie (White Trash Zombie #1) by Diana Rowland
- The Serpents Shadow by Mercedes Lackey
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Young Elites (#1) by Marie Lu
- The Dark Mirror (Bridei trilogy #1) by Juliet Marillier (plan to grab all 3)
- Daughter of the Forest (Sevenwaters #1) by Juliet Marillier (plan to grab all 6)
- Tropic of Serpents (Memoir by Lady Trent #2) by Marie Brennan
- One Good Dragon Deserves Another (Heartstrikers #2) by Rachel Aaron
- Hexed (Iron Druid #2) by Kevin Hearne
- Hammered (#3) by Kevin Hearne
- Tricked (#4) by Kevin Hearne
- Trapped (#5) by Kevin Hearne
- Hunted (#6) by Kevin Hearne
- Shattered (#7) by Kevin Hearne
- All of the Iron Druid shorts that are in audio – I think 2 or 3? by Kevin Hearne
- The Oversight by Charlie Fletcher
- GOT ANY AMAZING AUDIOS YOU RECOMMEND? – let me know in the comments! Because I have audible credits to burn!
FREE audio resources: