Art it Up! is a weekly feature hosted by Tabitha @ Not Yet Read. It is dedicated to showcasing our Art. It could be inspired by a book or some other entertainment media or even just whatever artistic thing you’ve done that week. Break out those dusty art supplies!
Want to participate? See the Art it Up! main page
This week’s art / craft
Last year I joined a marvelous group on Ravelry.com that is for folks that like to create things (usually crochet or knitted) and swap them with other people. So its always a surprise what you get but each month is themed. This was the swap package I received during the month of February. You can see the swap package I sent my partner as well. She made me this really big adorable sheep and sent a few other things as well.
This is what Marilee sent me!
- a big black green and pink sheep (my favorite pink and green!!) He is so soft and reminds me of Shawn the Sheep
- some heart ladles (you know like soup ladles)
- SweetTarts heart gummies! Yum I’ve never tried these 🙂
- 6 crochet baby gum teethers
- 4 balls of yarn again in some of my favorite colors! (my picture isn’t that great but its hot pink and green!)
- a star tote bag & lovely Valentine’s day card.
So a swap isn’t a swap without sending something in return. Below is the care package I sent to Marilee in return.
This is what I sent to Marilee!
- a hand sewn button jointed doll (handmade clothes that are removeable, and her arms and legs move because I jointed them with buttons!)
- 2 large skeins of hand dyed green yarn (purchased no I don’t dye my own yarn that is beyond me lol)
- hand drawn and watercolored valentines day card
- 1 book – WHEN MY HEART WAS WICKED
- Chocolate Pocky sticks and strawberry chocolate rasberry nougat, box of meltyblend chocolates
- a a heart and spots gift bag
You can see lots more of my daily doodles over on my instagram! Remember if you decide to participate via Twitter or Instagram please use #ArtitUp so we can all checkout your doodles!
Do Any of you bloggers out there like doing art / craft swaps? If so hit me up. I love putting together care packages and I think it would be fun to swap artsy/craftsy care packages with other artistic bloggers!
So link up folks we want to see your art!