That’s a Wrap! – February is over and I still haven’t popped this baby out yet! EEeegads will the discomfort never end? LOL At least I’ve had another amazing reading month. Much of it thanks to my new audiobook addiction. I’m currently 10 BOOKS AHEAD OF SCHEDULE to read 200 books, I’ve read 42 books so far this year, 21 during the month January, 21 during the month of February – at this rate I’ll be able to read 252 books by the end of the year! But let me not kid myself I know the pace will slow down drastically again once the baby arrives.
Not Yet Read News:
- I’m considering making the Art it Up! posts to be every other week until I get back on my feet from the pregnancy / delivery.
- If you guys haven’t noticed most of the posts again are pretty much coming from me. All the ladies that were contributing decided that they weren’t able to continue blogging for one reason or another. You will likely still see the lovely Kat around from time to time but she is also taking a step back from reading right now and is trying to focus on her writing. So I’m again mostly flying this ship solo. But hey I don’t mind that at all. I rain supreme over this crazy kingdom! *cackles madly*
- I was interviewed by ScyFlynn of the Scy-Fy blog! Feel free to go check it out. He is currently interviewing a bunch of people from all over the Science Fiction and Fantasy genre – from authors to bloggers. Almost a new interview daily.
About Me Junk:
- Update on the pregnancy! Less then two weeks to go!! Jeez haven’t I had the baby yet!? My lovely Anya from On Starships and Dragonwings will be helping me out on the blog around the time I have the baby – so if you see a blog post by her any day now that means that I’ve had the baby!
- I’ve been able to keep up my fast reading pace. I’ve read 42 books so far this year and its only the beginning of March! I’m averaging right now one book finished every 1.3 days. So not one every day but almost. It’s because I’ve been listening to so many audiobooks. I’ve had to schedule them farther out to spread them out. It’s allowed me to do a bit of binge reading / listening to series books. I’ve been able to consistently stay anywhere from 6 to 8 books ahead of my goodreads challenge goal of 200 books for the entirety out January and February. Here is crossing my fingers I can keep this up!
- Currently reading: FINN FANCY NECROMANCY by Randy Henderson. SIX-GUN SNOW WHITE by Catherynne M. Valente (I only have 30 minutes left in the audio). I’m also slowly making my way through KUSHIEL’S DART by Jacqueline Carey. This one is much more worldbuilding and politically heavy then I had anticipated.
- Currently watching: I finally watched BIG HERO 6! It was adorable! The only thing other then that is my weekly Tuesday night FACEOFF. I pretty much haven’t watched a lick of TV for most of the month. I’ve been too busy listening to audio books lol.
- Currently crafting: Pretty much nothing. I can barely sit still in my office chair for very long to do anything. It’s just too uncomfortable. But hey I guess you could say I’m cooking/crafting up a baby!
BOOK INBOUND and OUTBOUND STATS
This section is really just for my own records to keep track of what books have entered my house during the month whether I bought, borrowed, received for review, unsolicited surprises or was gifted them and the count of whether I was able to get enough review books read to stay caught up. Which hey I did!
Review Books received – 14
Unsolicited books – 6
Gifted, Purchased and Won books – 17
Total received (does not include unsolicited) – 31
Review Books read – 15
Personal books read – 6
Total Books read – 21
Status – 31 – 21 = 10
Pretty good stats considering I read more review books then I received! I never plan to actually read all of the books I purchase that same month anyhow. Also of the 17 of those books I’d already read 5 of them previously and was just buying replacement copies. So I’m calling February a success!
LIST OF ALL FEBRUARY INBOUND BOOKS
View Spoiler »Purchased or Library or Gift
– THE ASSASSIN’S BLADE by Sarah J. Mass (purchased audio) – but already own in HC
– THE MOTH IN THE MIRROR by A.G. Howard (Splintered short)(purchased kindle)
– WRITTEN IN RED by Anne Bishop (#1) (purchased Kindle) – yes I already own the HC – previously read
– MURDER OF CROWS by Anne Bishop (#2) (purchased kindle) – yes I already own the HC – previously read
– ETIQUETTE & ESPIONAGE (#1) by Gail Carriger (library audio) – yes I already own the HC – listened / done
– CURTSIES & CONSPIRACIES (#2) by Gail Carriger (library audio) – yes I already own the HC
– THE MAGICIANS (#1) by Lev Grossman (library audio) – I own the paperback already – listened / done
– THE MAGICIAN KING (#2) by Lev Grossman – (library audio) – I own the paperback already
– THE FALCONER by Elizabeth May (gift, HC)
– WOVEN by Michael Jensen, David Powers King (gift from Kristen Book Monsters, review SCholastic)
– THE SHINING GIRLS by Lauren Beukes (library audio) – already own TP – listened / done
– HEIR OF FIRE (#3) by Sarah J. Maas (purchased audio) – have ARC
– DIRTY MAGIC (#1) by Jaye Wells (purchased audio) – already own TP- listened / done
– ANCILLARY JUSTICE by Ann Leckie (audible gift) – already have a review print paperback – listened / read in tandem / done
– BLOOD ORANGES by Kathleen Tierney (purchased TP to replace a review copy) – previously read
– STORMDANCER by Jay Kristoff (purchased HC to replace a review copy) – previously read
– CINDER by Marissa Meyer (purchased HC to replace a review copy) – previously read
– RESISTANCE by Jenna Black (#2) (purchased TP)
– THE HIDDEN MASTERS OF MARANDUR (#2) by Jack Campbell (review audible) – listened / done
– HELLHOLE by Gina Damico (review audible, review HMH) – read
– SHADOW SCALE by Rachel Hartman (review arc, review audio)
– THE WINNER’S CRIME by Marie Rutkoski (review audio) – listened/done
– BEASTKEEPER by Cat Hellisen (review ARC – Macmillan)
– THE ETERNA FILES by Leanna Renee Hieber (review Tor HC)
– A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC (#1) by V.E. Schwab (review Tor HC) – read
– FINN FANCY NECROMANCY by (review HC Tor) – currently reading
– UNDERTOW by Michael Buckley (review ARC)
– RIGHTEOUS FURY by Markus & Heitz (review HC – Quercus)
– PRUDENCE by Gail Carriger (review ARC – Orbit)
– THE MECHANICAL by Ian Tregillis (review ARC – Orbit)
– THE SIN EATER’S DAUGHTER by Melinda Salisbury (review HC -Scholastic)
– SALT & STONE by Victoria Scott (#2) (review HC scholastic)
– DEAD SPOTS by Rhiannon Frater (unsolicited Tor) – will definitely read
– IMPASSE by Royce Scott Buckingham (unsolicited HC – St Martins – might read)
– SHE WILL BUILD HIM A CITY by Raj Kamal Jha (unsolicited HC – Bloomsbury) – contemporary – won’t read
– ROOK by Sharon Cameron (unsolicited ARC – Scholastic)
– THE WORLD WITHIN by Jane Eagland (unsolicted ARC – Scholastic)
– THE SHADOW CABINET by Maureen Johnson (unsolicited HC) – haven’t read the first 2 books
« Hide Spoiler
February Top Shelf
KAREN MEMORY by Elizabeth Bear| Tabitha’s Review!| Goodreads | Amazon
I absolutely adored this steampunk alternate history by Elizabeth Bear. How much more fun can you get then a Seattle/San Francisco 1900’s inspired city complete with tons of steampunk contraptions, an upscale bordello, a very cool U.S. Marshall and tons of other amazing characters all told in a wonderful dialect and characters voice that I just couldn’t get enough of. You should definitely check it out!
BOOKS I READ IN FEBRUARY!
I read a total of 21 books in February. Unfortunately Rifflebooks doesn’t have all the covers loaded to their database yet so not all of them showed up when I made the widget. Also two of the books weren’t even in there database yet – but you can see the full list of what I read directly below. Most of these will have their reviews appear on my blog during the month of March if their review isn’t already listed in the wrap up area.
– KAREN MEMORY by Elizabeth Bear
– MONSTROUS by MarcyKate Connolly
– TIMELESS (#5) by Gail Carriger
– HELLHOLE by Gina Damico
– THE GLASS ARROW by Kristen Simmons
– CHERRY BOMB by Kathleen Tierney
– THRONE OF GLASS by Sarah J. Maas
– SOULPRINT by Megan Miranda
– THE MAGICIANS by Lev Grossman
– ETIQUETTE & ESPIONAGE (#1) by Gail Carriger
– WHEN MY HEART WAS WICKED by Tricia Stirling
– THE HIDDEN MASTERS OF MARANDUR (#2) by Jack Campbell
– DOLL BONES by Holly Black
– THE SHINING GIRLS by Lauren Beukes
– A THOUSAND PIECES OF YOU by Claudia Gray
– THE WINNER’S CRIME by Marie Rutkoski
– SPELLSLINGER by Sebastien de Castell (beta-read, title tentative?)
– A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC by V.E. Schwab
– BEASTKEEPER by Cat Hellisen
– ANCILLARY JUSTICE (#1) by Ann Leckie
– DIRTY MAGIC (#1) by Jaye Wells
Book Reviews by Tabitha:
- Review: Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard ★★★½
- Review: Echo 8 by Sharon Lynn Fisher ★★★½
- Review: Monstrous by MarcyKate Connolly ★★½
- Review: Karen Memory by Elizabeth Bear ★★★★★
- Review: The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons ★★★½
- Review: Hellhole by Gina Damico ★★★½
- Review: Cherry Bomb by Kathleen Tierney ★★★
- Review: Soulprint by Megan Miranda ★★★½
- Review: The Magicians by Lev Grossman ★★★★
- Review: The Hidden Masters of Marandur by Jack Campbell ★★★★½
- Review: When My Heart Was Wicked by Tricia Stirling ★★★
- Review: Blameless by Gail Carriger ★★★★
- Review: Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop ★★★★
- Review: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas ★★★½
- DNF’d it: We are Pirates by Daniel Handler DNF
- Review: A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray ★★
Book Reviews by Kat:
Book Reviews by Guest Readers:
Author Guests Posts & Interviews :
- Tour & Giveaway: How do you take your fantasy? One Lump or Two?
- Kristi Charish discussing Urban Fantasy and the Female Protagonist
- Interview & Giveaway: Shutter by Courtney Alameda
- The Dangers of lending books!
- I won’t borrow from the print library but I’ll buy used!?
- Does book format effect your reading habits?
Art it Up! Posts :
- Art it Up! (43) – Monstrous & Impulse buying
- Art it Up! (44) – crochet blanket squares & a doodle redraw
- Art it Up! (45) – crochet monster amigurumi
Latest posts by Tabitha (Pabkins) (see all)
- Review: Portrait Revolution by Julia L. Kay - July 10, 2017
- Review: Doodletopia Manga by Christopher Hart - March 23, 2017
- Review: Freehand Figure Drawing for Illustrators by David H. Ross - June 28, 2016