With the arrival of my little one I’ve become totally addicted to my e-reader. I’ve always liked the convenience of the easy page turning – but hate that it’s harder to cheat and read the last chapter when I need to relieve suspense / tension. I guess that’s a good thing right? – my ereader is keeping me more honest and not peeking ahead.
What I’ve been using the library for in the past was just strictly audio books. Now I’ve been using it like crazy for ebooks. And I’ve even downloaded and listened to two music albums via the library this month. The new Mumford & Sons and Imagine Dragons albums. Cool right?
Now when I want to read something I search all my different library accounts before buying!
I definitely prefer overdrive so far of all the DOWNLOADABLE ways you can check things out from the library. There are so many different third party sites that libraries use to provide digital content these days. I’m not even going to bother listing all the ones I’ve encountered but my two favorites so far are:
OVERDRIVE (you don’t have to download their app, the content will trader to your phone or your ereader, so this is definitely my favorite)
HOOPLA – you HAVE to download their app! I’ve only done one Audio book this way because it’s annoying you have to download their specific hoopla app to use it on your phone. I’ve decided to use this one only on my iPad for music and movies!
Anyways I’ve gone crazy with the library accounts! I have so many!
– I have one for my city – Sacramento
– Then I drove two hours to the “big city” San Francisco and got one there. Luckily as long as you live in state they will issue you a card IF you still apply in person. So you’ve really gotta want that card to make the drive lol
– Then I have one for the next county over, it’s 15 minutes away
– And my sister let’s me use her online library account that is out of state (pretty good selection)
– And my mother opened a library card in Louisville KY that I have access to (but their selection seems pretty weak where fantasy and science fiction is concerned so I don’t bother with it)
Are any of you as addicted to the library as I am? How many library accounts do you have? Do any of you live in a big city and yet DON’T HAVE A LIBRARY CARD?