That’s a Wrap! – May
MAY was a great month! I was able to read 22 books! See below for inbound books and the ones I read.
Then JUNE happened…and for some reason my reading comprehension and drive dwindled to zero – this was so unexpected (shhh but I blame it on feeling really down and some new meds I had started, it was so hard to focus on text)
Great things DID happen in June though. Anya from On Starships and Dragonwings blog came and stayed with me for a week and we attended ALA together and got tons of fabulous books. But have I read any of them yet? Unfortunately no – I did send a bunch to a few other blogger friends. Emily from Wholly Books and Kelley from Oh! the Books!
As for July – well I did a lot but none of it was book related haha.
Not Yet Read News:
- Hmmm I can’t think of anything especially newsworthy for May but in JUNE I went to ALA in San Francisco with one of my besties Anya from On Starships and Dragonwings. But you guys know that already.
- I know it’s obvious that I haven’t blogged almost at all the past two months. But I’m going to try to get in at least two to three posts a week from now on! Its just HARD to get started again once I let it slip out of my daily routine. Also it’s been hard because I HAVEN’T FINISHED a book in two months – so I haven’t had any reviews to write. For shame Tabitha *hangs head*
About Me Junk:
- Baby Dylan is almost 5 months old. So I’m just about ready to go back to work cause man this being at home stuff all day an night with a baby is hard. hard hard hard…Sanity yeah that’s a thing of the past.
- I spent 3 out of the 4 weeks of May SICK! Everyone in my household just kept catching one type of cold or sickness after another. It was even so bad that my husband called in sick to work and he Has never done that in the 7 years we’ve been together. Crazy right? But June and July I was right as rain. JUNE was my BINGE watching Tv and anime month (this rarely happens but I was loving it. JULY was my binge art creation month – still loving it and still cranking out the art!
- I rented a local space in a boutique (that normally sells shabby shiek and refinished furniture and knick knacks) in Old Folsom near me. I’m trying to see if any of my art will sell locally. I’m giving it a try for a few months (rent is $175 a month – so if I can’t make enough to make it worth it – which I don’t think I will I think I’ll just cancel my lease and go back to strictly online sales. In fact the more I think about it right now the more I think local selling won’t make me any money.
- Dad visited during the entire month of JULY – it was fabulous. That was some of the best time I’ve spent with my father in my whole life. We did so many projects together. He helped me convert my library into my new art studio (pictures of it coming soon…I just have a few things to hang on the walls and more lights I want to hang up)
- Currently reading: COURT OF FIVES by Kate Elliott (print arc), ONE GOOD DRAGON DESERVES ANOTHER by Rachel Aaron
- Currently listening to: THE ASSASSINS OF ALTIS by Jack Campbell
- Currently watching: Nothing – I’m not into TV right now. Every free minute is spent in my new studio.
BOOK INBOUND and OUTBOUND STATS
This section is really just for my own records to keep track of what books have entered my house during the month whether I bought, borrowed, received for review, unsolicited surprises or was gifted them and the count of whether I was able to get enough review books read to stay caught up.
Review Books/Audio received – ?
Unsolicited books – ?
Gifted, Purchased and Won books – ?
Total books received added to review TBR (does not include unsolicited and gifted/purchased/won books) – ?
Review Books read – ?
Personal books read – ?
Total Books read – ?
Status – ?
Normally the list of all books would appear here – but I haven’t been keeping track.
May Top Shelf
June, July Top Shelf
Obviously there wasn’t any for June or July since I didn’t read those months
BOOKS I READ IN MAY!
I feel like this list of books read is so pathetic compared to all that I read in January and February. But hopefully I’ll get back on track in April. So sadly I’m no longer 9-11 books ahead of my reading goal schedule. Now I’m just “on track” – *sigh* Also, this shows just how much I didn’t have my hands free because of the 9 books on this list – 6 of them were audio books
– THE ISLE OF THE LOST by Melissa de la Cruz (review HC and purchased audio)
– MIDNIGHT RIOT by Ben Aaronovitch (audio)
– A SCHOOL FOR UNUSUAL GIRLS by Kathleen Baldwin (review HC)
– CURTSIES AND CONSPIRACIES by Gail Carriger (library audio)
– WAISTCOATS AND WEAPONRY by Gail Carriger (library audio)
– A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES by Sarah J Maas (library)
– SHADES OF MILK AND HONEY by Mary Robinette Kowal (audio)
– THE MARTIAN by Andy Weir (purchased audio)
– RAT QUEENS volume 2 by Kurtis Wiebe (graphic novel)
– HEXED by (TPB print)
– CURSED MOON by Jaye Wells (review audio)
– KNIGHT’S SHADOW by Sebastien de Castelle (review hardcover)
– MIDNIGHT CROSSROAD by Charlaine Harris (review hardcover)
– DAY SHIFT by Charlaine Harris (review hardcover)
– THE UNDYING LEGION by Susan and Clay Griffith (review egalley)
– END OF DAYS by Susan Ee (review print)
– THE HANGED MAN by P.N. Elrod (review HC)
– DARK HEIR by Faith Hunter (review MMP)
– THE HITCHHIKER’S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY by Douglas Adams (library audio)
– THE HOUSE OF THE FOUR WINDS by Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory (review hardcover)
– THE GRACE OF KINGS by Ken Liu (review hardcover and purchased audio)
– SALT & STONE by Victoria Scott (review hardcover)
– HAMMERED by Kevin Hearne (library audio)
Book Reviews by Tabitha:
- Audiobook Review: Cursed Moon by Jaye Wells ★★★
- Audiobook Review: An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir ★★★★
- Review: The Shattered Court by M.J. Scott ★★★
- Review: Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley ★★★½
- Review: Uprooted by Naomi Novik ★★★★★
- Review: Hexed by Michael Alan Nelson ★★★★
- Review: Midnight Crossroad by Charlaine Harris ★★★★
- Audiobook Review: The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams ★★★★
- Review: House of the Four Winds by Mercedes Lackey ★★★★
- Review: Dark Heir by Faith Hunter ★★★
- Review: The Hanged Man by P.N. Elrod ★★★★½
- Review: Knight’s Shadow by Sebastien de Castell ★★★★★
- Review: The Grace of Kings by Ken Liu ★★★½
- Review: The Shadow Revolution by Clay and Susan Griffith ★★★★½
- Review: Salt & Stone by Victoria Scott ★★★★
- Review: End of Days by Susan Ee ★★★½
- Review: Day Shift by Charlaine Harris ★★★★
- Review: The Martian by Andy Weir ★★★★★
- Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas ★★★½
- Review: The Undying Legion by Clay and Susan Griffith ★★★★
Book Reviews by Guest Readers:
Author Guests Posts & Interviews :
No posts found.
- I’m addicted, yeah baby I know it. – Libraries
- The aggravations with all that technical junk
- Pow pow pow, Book you’re victim to my mood swings
Art it Up! Posts :
No posts found.
I get the feeling things will slowly start to get back to normal this month. I’m really going to try to start reading and blogging again.
Latest posts by Tabitha (Pabkins) (see all)
- Review: Portrait Revolution by Julia L. Kay - July 10, 2017
- Review: Doodletopia Manga by Christopher Hart - March 23, 2017
- Review: Freehand Figure Drawing for Illustrators by David H. Ross - June 28, 2016