Art it Up! is a weekly feature hosted by Tabitha @ Not Yet Read. It is dedicated to showcasing our Art. It could be inspired by a book or some other entertainment media or even just whatever artistic thing you’ve done that week. Break out those dusty art supplies!
Want to participate? See the Art it Up! main page
This week’s art
Well there hasn’t really been anything that I’ve finished finished as of this post (having returned to work has put a crimp in my schedule as to finishing things – as expected) BUT I’ll be finishing something today I hope since it’s sunday and it’ll be up in a few days with the next Art it Up! post. I’m almost done with the most ADORABLE little mini doll. Oh just you wait til you see her.
You can see lots more of my daily doodles over on my instagram! Remember if you decide to participate via Twitter or Instagram please use #ArtitUp so we can all checkout your doodles!
What’s in the works!
I found some adorable and very reasonably priced mini picture frames. They were begging to be filled with cute little doodles (that I plan to either watercolor paint or pencil or even markers) I finished one already that you can see on my instagram here). I decided I’m going to do these as a set of kids in the cute costumes. So far there is a penguin, a totoro, a girl wearing a fried egg hat and bacon tie, a kid with a panda on its head (because my husband said the doodle reminded him of that scene in Tropic Thunder where the guy is wearing the dead panda…yeah I know he’s sick and twisted)
(I have way more then just 6 picture frames…I think I have about 15)
I NEED SUGGESTIONS! What other cute costumes should I try to include in this series?
My awesome art & craft supply haul!
I scored an amazing bag of free art supplies from my local BLICK. Probably about $100 plus worth of free loots. Which NEVER happens to me so I was super excited. Then of course I bought a ton of yarn this week and a few more markers and some marker paper. Here is a picture of just some of the supplies (mostly the free stuff and the yarn…can you tell I have a yarn and art supply hoarding problem?)
- 12×12 artist board
- 8.5 by 11 hardcover sketchbook
- drawing pencil set of 12
- artist pastels set of 15
- artist acrylics set of 6 (giving to my lovely friend Rachael)
- color pencil set of 12
- Canson artist paper sampler
- a black BLICK art materials tote
- 8 skeins of KnitPicks yarn – The Might Stitch
- 13 crochet hook keychains (for xmas ornaments I plan to make)
- 2 Winsor Newton Pigment Markers (lime green and cool grey)
- canson marker paper pad
- 1 Winsor watercolor marker (payne’s gray)
- a bunch of mini picture frames
- 3 gallery canvas size 16×20 (going to try my yarn paintings on these)
- foam wreaths (cause I’m going to make some wreaths…not necessarily xmas ones)
- a TON of gift wrap stuff for the craft fair (organza bags, a tablecloth, lime zig zag shredded paper, bakers twine
- 4 different skeins of “specialty” yarn – three have sequins threaded through them and one has pretty beads. I’ve never crochet/knit with a yarn that has this in it so I REALLY have been wanting to give it a try. I HAVE crocheted where I pull from a metallic embroidery thread and combined it with my yarn (gives a different look then what I think these new yarns will)
- a 2ft LED birch tree to hang my handmade xmas ornaments on at the craft fair in Dec
- a yard of canvas (looks like really thick thick linen?) – I’m going to try my hand at making embroidery art with my illustrations and some paint!! oooooo
Oh – and I went nuts and ordered EVEN MORE YARN (madelinetosh) from the internet because hey…I loved that little doll I made so much that I need more of that yarn STAT!!
I also went nuts and bought a ton of makeup from ULTA because I watched some youtube eye makeup videos and was like “I want to be pretty like that and paint my face!” LOL If I get it right I’ll post a picture of my eye.
This Week’s Crafty AGGRAVATION!
I’m back at work so arting time is very limited. Its getting to me – so I’m spending a lot of late nights because I have to get my art in some time!
Feel free to link up in the comments!