That’s a Wrap! – May
August is already over – I can hardly believe it. It was totally the month of audiobooks for me.
Not Yet Read News:
- I’m finally posting again on a several times a week basis. I don’t know if I’ll be going back to regularly posting on a daily basis again (thought I did post the past 7 days in a row so hooray me) but I’m definitely planning on posting at least 3 days a week now.
- I’m going to be trying to add a “GALLERY” section to the blog somehow to put all my art. I saw somewhere on my wordpress dashboard (I forget where) a gallery and I just need to play with it and get it done! I think it would be so nice to have a place on the website for it instead of most of my stuff being on instagram (though I’m an instagram addict)
About Me Junk:
- I’m back to my day job! That’s right – maternity/bonding leave is finally over and I’m going back to work full time. And you know – while I’m not excited – in a way I am because goodness I just can’t cut it at the stay at home mom thing. I started to go more then a little bit nuts.
- My art and toys – while they aren’t selling like hotcakes locally in the shop I have them in – they are selling via my instagram and facebook (oddly enough not really etsy but I guess I should put more stuff in the shop! I will add more stuff this week since Christmas is coming up!)
- I’ll only be in that local shop through the month of September. Since I’m going back to work I can’t really work there one weekend a month like they require (along with the monthly rent) and honestly only ONE peice of my art has sold in the shop so far. Though a bunch of my “other” odd bits of things have sold. But really I only rented the space so I could have somewhere local to put me art. I’ve decided instead to focus on my online presence and to also try the anime conventions and craft fairs.
- I’m having a website made for my art and crafts. Hopefully it’ll be done before December – so I’ll do a big reveal in a few months.
- I’ve ordered some custom display stuff for the craft fair I’m going to be in and for the future conventions I hope to be a artist or vendor at. I’ll of course show pictures when they are ready! I’ve also ordered some sew on custom labels that have my new PABKINS logo (a mini head cartoon self portrait), and ordering custom stamps with my illustrations – sooo excited! So much going on to get setup for my little craft business. I don’t even mind that I won’t have as much time to work on it since I’m back at my normal job but it’ll be a fun thing to keep going anyway. It’s motivating to know that I’ll have this stuff.
- I’m stressing less about “making money” since I’m back at work and so I’m enjoying my arts and crafts more again because I don’t worry about selling the stuff. So if it doesn’t sell I don’t care so much because hey I’ve got my normal income again. I’m glad I decided to go back to my normal job full time.
- My first craft fair is DECEMBER 5th! I’m so excited and I’m churning away at making inventory.
- Currently reading: ONE GOOD DRAGON DESERVES ANOTHER by Rachel Aaron
- Currently listening to: DOUGHNUT by Tom Holt (likely be finished by the time this goes live)
- Currently watching: Nothing – well I watch FaceOff every Tuesday
BOOK INBOUND and OUTBOUND STATS
I’m bad and I’ve pretty much completely given up on keeping track of this stuff!
Normally the list of all books would appear here – but I haven’t been keeping track. But I did receive a few books that I see on my shelf or my listening queue and I might as well share them with you since I’ll be reading them hopefully this month but since I’m into audio lately the ones I have in print I might end up waiting for audio instead.
TOWER OF THORNS by Juliet Marillier (print but I might wait for audio)
SHADOWS OF SELF by Brandon Sanderson (print – I might wait for audio we will see)
FORBIDDEN by Cathy Clamp (print)
UPDRAFT by Fran Wilde (review audio)
THE FIFTH SEASON by N.K. JEMISIN (review audio)
MORE OF WHAT I PLAN TO LISTEN TO ON AUDIO IN SEPTEMBER
THE ALLOY OF LAW by Brandon Sanderson
MAPLECROFT by Cherie Priest
THE VEIL by Chloe Neil
INK AND BONE by Rachel Caine
HUNTER by Mercedes Lackey
WHEN IT’S A JAR by Tom Holt
SERAFINA AND THE BLACK CLOAK by Robert Beatty
PACIFIC FIRE by Greg Van Eekhout
THE ASSASIN’S BLADE by Sarah J. Maas
TROPIC OF SERPENTS by Marie Brennan
BOOK OF SPIRITS AND THIEVES by Morgan Rhodes (started awhile ago and hopefully I’ll finish)
August Top Shelf
JACKABY by William Ritter (audio) | Tabitha’s Review | Goodreads
This book was just amazing! The audio narration superb and everything about the reading experience was fun for me. Short and to the point and just what I needed at the moment.
BOOKS READ IN AUGUST!
I did so much better this month – I’m so proud of myself. But you know I completely switched to audio during the month of August because I’m still having a hard time with print. The audio works so fabulous since I listen to it while I craft.
– THE ASSASSINS OF ALTIS by Jack Campbell (review audio)
– DECEPTIONS by Kelley Armstrong (review audio)
– THE CONQUERING DARK by Susan and Clay Griffith (netgalley but I reviewed audio instead)
– THE LAST EVER AFTER by Soman Chainani (purchased audio)
– DEADLY SPELLS by Jaye Wells (review audio)
– JACKABY by William Ritter (purchased audio)
– ALIVE by Scott Sigler (netgalley but I purchased the audio instead)
– MASTER OF PLAGUES by E.L. Tettensor (review audio)
– COURT OF FIVES by Kate Elliott (review audio)
– FLEX by Ferrett Steinmetz (review audio)
– SILVER IN THE BLOOD by Jessica Day George (purchased audio)
Book Reviews by Tabitha:
- Audiobook Review: The Assassins of Altis by Jack Campbell ★★★★
- Review: Isle of the Lost by Melissa De La Cruz ★★★
- Audiobook Review: Deadly Spells by Jaye Wells
- Review: Deceptions by Kelley Armstrong ★★★
- Audiobook Review: Jackaby by William Ritter ★★★★★
Book Reviews by Guest Readers:
No posts found.
Author Guests Posts & Interviews :
No posts found.
Art it Up! Posts :
- Art it Up! (53) – My “Graveyard Girl” Watercolor from start to finish
- Art it Up! (54) – Bringing in the boys!
- Art it Up! (55) – Studio Ghibli & Little Red Riding Hood #Amigurumi
THINGS I’VE FOUND AROUND THE NET FOR BOOKS
- FIRST IN LINE from Random House Children’s Books www.firstinlinereaders.com.
I have only just signed up for it so I don’t know much about it. I’m not big on the side communities that individual publishers create but in case some of you love that sort of thing check it out.
September is off to just an OK start – reading is going slower because I’ve returned to work. But I’m definitely optimistic that it’ll just take a week or two of adjusting and I’ll be in the swing of things again.