WHERE IN THE WORLD IS PABKINS?
Some of you may have noticed….
That I’ve been MIA around here on Not Yet Read for a number of weeks. Don’t worry I’m not gone for good. I’ve just been SUPER busy with local arts and crafts events. I expect to be back in January. See below for news and tidbits on what’s going on with me.
Not Yet Read News:
- I’ll be back to posting again on a weekly to bi-weekly (more likely bi-weekly) basis close to mid or late January. I’m reading way less these days as my focus has shifted to my art but I still want to keep my blog alive and will mostly be doing only audiobook reviews for the upcoming year.
- You can expect there might only be one post a week when I do come back because I’m reading so slow right now. By so slow I mean hardly at all the past two months!
About Me Junk:
- I’ve gone back to work full time for several months now. My youngest son is now 9 months old and boy is it hard to manage my personal hobbies while also having two kids and keeping house. Meaning my house is a tornado!!
- I did my first ever craft fair on November 19th, 2015 in my local town City Hall. It was a success! I say because I was next to the wine bar. But then I did a second art and craft fair which proved to me that hey people like my stuff!
- My second art and crafts event took place on December 5th, 2015 in Folsom, CA and it was a big success. My bestie Rachael was there manning the booth with me and I was a hit! I sold out of so much stuff. Art, prints, greeting cards and even some of my handmade toys!
- UPCOMING FINAL EVENT OF THE YEAR! – I’ll have a ARTIST TABLE in the SACANIME Convention ARTIST ALLEY – January 1st – 3rd 2016. If you’re local to the Northern Cali area come out and see me!
- I HAVE A NEW WEBSITE! Just for my ART! PABKINS.COM – come check it out – It’s still partially under construction though. For daily updates on my art it is still best to follow my instagram @Pabkins
- Currently reading: Uhhh nothing? I have a handful of partially started books but haven’t cracked one open all of last month!
- Currently listening to: don’t laugh….Justin Bieber – yeah I know my husband thinks I’m insane
- Currently watching: Nothing – who has time for TV when there is art to create?
I’m at the a Folsom Arts & Craft fair today in Historic Folsom until 4PM. If you’re local to the Sacramento, CA area you should totally come see me! #artfair #artsandcrafts #forsale #smallbusiness #sacramento My magnificent friend Rachael @creep58 was there with me selling a few of her pieces and helping me run the booth. She’s the best public relations person ever! UPDATE! – The street fair was a fabulous success. Everyone made me feel like such a rock star. It was so nice talking to everyone that I met who enjoyed looking at my art! I can’t remember ever having this kind of joy and feeling before as I got to watch kids as well as adults smile while looking at things I created. Anytime I have any doubts about what I create I just have to hold onto this memory. 😂😃
WHAT I PLAN TO LISTEN TO ON AUDIO IN the coming weeks/months
THE ALLOY OF LAW by Brandon Sanderson
MAPLECROFT by Cherie Priest
THE VEIL by Chloe Neil
INK AND BONE by Rachel Caine
Leigh Bardugo – SIX OF CROWS
PACIFIC FIRE by Greg Van Eekhout
WINTER by Marissa Meyer
THE AERONAUT’S WINDLASS by Jim Butcher
More but hey – I forget what else.